Now that summer is here, everyone loves getting outdoors and doing some grilling. One of our favorite things to put on the grill is fresh picked sweet corn.
There are of course, many different ways to grill sweet corn, as with any food, every chef has there perfect way of preparing it. Some will season it before placing it on the grill, others will wrap it in foil, while some like to peel the husk and grill the open kernels, (we find this burns the kernels).
We find the easiest way, is placing shuck and all on the grill. Here are great instructions from old world garden farms on the fastest way to grill sweet corn that is perfect every time.
How to Grill Sweet Corn
Sweet Corn in Husks
Water for soaking
Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, cayenne, etc…)
- Use fresh picked sweet corn and keep it in the entire husk.
- Heat grill or fire to approximately 450°F
- While the grill is heating, soak cobs in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the desired temperature has been reached, remove the corn from water, shake off excess water and place over direct heat on the grill.
- Grill for approximately 20 minutes, turning frequently to char all sides of the husks.
- Remove from heat and let sit until it cools enough to be handled.
- Peel husks and add butter and seasonings as desired.
Thanks to oldworldgardenfarms.com for this great recipe.