Maintaining your electric water heater is a simple process that can prevent a disaster from occurring. Whether your model has a tank or is tankless, here are some things you need to do on a regular basis.
- Check the unit for any water seepage around the tank and piping.
- Operate the pressure relief valve to check that it is working properly.
- Flush the unit to remove any sediment that may have accumulated.
- Check the Anode Rod for corrosion and cracks.
- Check wiring for any signs of corrosion or breaks in the casing.
In the video below, you will find some guidance to keep things working well.